Back to square one?

by - July 15, 2019




The idea of creating a whole new, fresh blog from scratch seemed very exciting. It was definitely one of the things that I had placed at the top of my mental to-do list, but of course - being at the top of the list doesn't always mean it would be the one to be ticked off the list pronto. Sometimes none of the things on the list are ever accomplished.

Anyway, after putting off the idea for so long, I finally mustered all of my energy and willingness to sit down and venture into Blogspot. I contemplated at first since I already have my Wordpress. I mean, I do have some decent writing posted there. But in hindsight, I couldn't help but notice that the writing did not reflect who I am. When I re-read the posts, they sounded almost...pretentious. I kind of sounded like I just wanted to impress people.

Then, I expressed my desire to start with a clean slate to one of my favourite people on Earth. "The posts I wrote don't sound like me. There's a lot of pretentiousness and distortion going on. I want to start anew." But what he said to me afterwards changed my perception.

"I don't see it that way. You've just progressed," he said. Then, I thought - maybe the writing does not reflect who I am anymore. It might sound pretentious to me now, but that does not invalidate the fact that the writing did come from the person I was months and years ago. That doesn't make the writing any less authentic and real. Whatever I was feeling at the time when I wrote all of those posts - they were real. I just don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel like writing about the things I used to write about anymore. There are things that I've grown to love - things that I hadn't encountered before this - that I want to invest my time and energy to write about.

So am I back to square one? Not really. I'm simply resuming my journey - however cheesy that may come across to you.

I'm honestly tremendously thrilled to write about a lot of things here: life in general, music, movies, TV shows and topics that excite me and I'm passionate about. I sure do hope that you'll like them.

Till the next post. Take care of yourselves 💕



You May Also Like

1 comments